A family run business with a green heart.
Thompsons Food Service has taken a very strategic and measured approach to our companies sustainability. As a company we are committed to minimise the effect our operations have on the environment.
Key points of our Sustainability Strategy:
- Minimise waste by regularly evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Reduce our environmental impact.
Current measures in place in our Green Strategy:
- Cardboard, Metals, Used Cooking Oil and Waste Building materials are all separated and then recycled.
- We have established a recycling yard dedicated to recycling all the materials above. We actively recover used Cardboard and Cooking Oils from our customers.
- Local companies are used to source supplies and produce wherever possible. Packaging of all on-site produce is kept to the absolute minimum.
- We have 200 solar panels (100kw) installed on-site, producing on average 85,000kw of energy each year, this dramatically helps reduce our companies energy usage and helps reduce the companies carbon footprint.
- All of the on-site freezers have been upgraded to incorporate the latest energy saving technology.
Future Aim's of our Green Strategy:
- Continue to install LED lighting and movement sensors across the site.
- Aim to decrease our waste to Landfill on a yearly basis.
- Continue to support our customers in reducing waste and promote sustainability.